Activist NYPD Lt. Edwin Raymond, who was the lead in the class-action lawsuit against the NYPD fighting against racial quotas, will be on this week’s (Sunday Aug 23) livestream of VOICES of East New York with Nikki Lucas talking about his run for City Council in the 40th District. He will also talk about the the award winning Hulu Documentary, Crime & Punishment, which he was the main subject.
The discussion will include defunding the NYPD, public safety in our communities, racial issues within the NYPD, police harassment and more.
You can join the discussion live, Sunday August 23, 2020 @9am. Go to Facebook.com.EastNewYorkNews and click “Get Reminder” to be reminded just before the livestream begins. You can ask questions during the livestream. If you are concerned about safety and NYPD issues in East New York then you should tune in.
If you do not have access to Facebook you can also watch the live broadcast on the homepage of EastNewYork.com
Watch past segments of VOICES of East New York with Nikki Lucas
- Executives from Powerful Women’s Membership Group 21 in ’21
- Shakeup Of Politics In Brooklyn Discussion With Voters And Publisher Of Kings County Politics On VOICES Of East New York With Nikki Lucas
- Mental Health Information Session With Gina Mckinney, LCSW
- Congressman Hakeem Jeffries
- Attorney Ed King on Evictions (Landlord and Tenant Issues)
- NYC Mayoral Candidate Joycelyn Taylor
- Entrepreneur & Business Information Session With CEO of Fusion East
- Hip Hop Artist & Producer KOTA The Friend on Being Independent
- Brooklyn DA Eric Gonzalez
- Senator Roxanne Persaud
- Senator Julia Salazar